For example, when I’m at work I don’t feel like it, or if I do I can hold it back without any problem, but when I get home the urge seems to be uncontrollable and impossible to hold back.

• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    edit-2
    1 month ago

So do you have the opposite happen to you, where the urge increases as you get closer to work? :-P

Edit: pulls out marker, well looks like I need to make another edit here then, from home to work…

img

• Captain Aggravated
      link
      fedilink
      English
      61 month ago

I suddenly want to make a line of parodies of these signs. Like have one that says in a really quirky font “Defecate” for the bathroom.

• Captain Aggravated
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          1 month ago

Ingest, Digest, Excrete

Or how about one that just says “CONSUME”

I’m thinking that one would go in the dining room.

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        11 month ago

Do it!

Some already exist though, if you want additional inspiration:

img

• Captain Aggravated
          link
          fedilink
          English
          11 month ago

I’m thinking specifically targeting the “Live Laugh Love” Rae Dunn kind of aesthetic.

Weird tangent: I was asked to design and build a dining room cupboard for my parents’ house. So I went out to the internet to look at examples to come up with design elements I liked, and I noticed something: I couldn’t find any evidence that anyone actually uses dining room cabinets for anything. It’s supposed to be a buffet or server with dish storage above, but they’re only ever used as trophy cases to consumerism. Set dressing to make the Tiktok studio look like a home. And I really want to graffiti a cock and balls on the very concept itself.

Do something like this but hang the cute little ceramic pig on a cute little steel meathook, write “BABY FACTORY” and “SPERM DONOR” on the mugs, make the signs say things like “Purchase” and “Keep Up Appearances” and “Like Share Subscribe Follow”, use fake dead plants, stuff like that.

It’s the closest thing to art I’ve had the desire to do.

• @OpenStars
            link
            English
            11 month ago

I think back when people had less space and fewer things, they would hold the good fancy items for special events. Whereas now everyone has far more than they need… except ironically health insurance, a stable job, oh yeah a place to live, food, etc.

• Captain Aggravated
              link
              fedilink
              English
              11 month ago

Everyone everywhere stores their actual dishes in their built-in kitchen cabinets and have for longer than I’ve been alive.

Since the dawn of the 20th century, the dining room cupboard went through the following stages of evolution:

• That’s where we keep the dishes, and when we serve dinner we put the food there on the cabinet’s countertop so you can get your plate and serve yourself right there nice and convenient.
              • That’s the case where we keep mom’s good china, we use those for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas and when the pastor comes over for dinner, the normal dishes we got from Sears are in the kitchen.
              • Those dishes were ordered from a catalog in the 1950’s for your grandmother and are therefore more sacred than the lining of God’s ballsack. Even thinking of eating off of them is a heresy.
              • Millennials are killing the fine china industry
              • 10 unbelievable tips for reducing generational clutter, number 7 will shock you.
              • I bought this mass produced coffee mug available at national retail chains for $14 from a scalper on eBay for $290. It says JOY written in Skellington Sans.
              • @OpenStars
                link
                English
                11 month ago

Yup - maybe if the pastor came over you could break that China out of its jail but otherwise it’s too sacred to actually “use”, for such shitty people as (checks notes) your children.

But heaven forbid the children don’t use or want it - think of all the “memories” of the times that it could have been (but never was) used!?

It’s not like anyone else’s feelings matter in the slightest. The American Dream feasts upon us all, long live The American Dream™.

I never really understood that. Then COVID happened and now I see it perfectly. They are sacrificing their children to that great beast, which they themselves barely attained, and now they want to keep the dream alive… at any cost (even their own families). After all, if the pastor + TV + radio says so, then it must be a good thing.