191 month ago

Let me know when I can buy it.

• @Buffalox@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      131 month ago

If you own an EV factory you can:

initial batches have already been delivered to EV manufacturers for testing.

• @frezik@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        1 month ago

These aren’t in a lab. They’re being manufactured right now.

There’s a toxic positivity in battery tech news. So many things only end up being practical in a lab, but the news headlines sensationalizes every single one. Its led people to believe that no advancements are coming. But the truth is that batteries improve 5-8% in kwh/kg per year, and that compounds over time to some real gains.

• @doingthestuff@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -41 month ago

Yeah I often drive over 1000 miles in a day, sometimes as much as 1600+ so this is the only way I’d consider electric. Although it sounds like at a high speed supercharger it would be more expensive than regular gasoline. At least there’s progress.

• @M500@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          61 month ago

If you average 60 miles per hour, then 1000 miles would take you 16 hours. There is not way you are regularly doing that. It’s not taking into account gassing up, breaks to get food.

• @MutilationWave@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            edit-2
            1 month ago

This is totally possible. Maybe not for 1600 miles but 1000 for sure. I do this for 500-800 miles regularly. Sometimes 1000+. Speed limit is 70mph on most US highways and the unspoken agreement is you can go 8 or 9 over and not get pulled over. In metropolitan areas you can typically go even faster on the beltway, almost everyone does. You train yourself not to need to piss as often, so you piss while you gas up. You don’t eat until your drive is done.

• @doingthestuff@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            edit-2
            1 month ago

Do the math with 90 mph, although to be fair, I only average 80 to 85 probably. I only do 1600 with multiple drivers. I live in Ohio but I take people to the mountains out west all of the time. Sometimes I drive to Colorado by myself though without stopping other than gas. Also, I’ve done a thousand miles on a motorcycle in one day. Now that is a feat.

• @GreyEyedGhost@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      41 month ago

“I came to the technology community and was surprised when they started talking about things that aren’t in production.”

• @another
        link
        English
        11 month ago

That’s a pretty sexy looking battery