The Passage by Justin Cronin has become pretty interesting. I am around 60% done, which is about 500 or so pages. Just focusing on that for now.

Was also reading Your Money Or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin, but it’s on pause for till I finish The Passage.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening to lately?

A regular reminder about our Book Bingo, and it’s Recommendation Post . Links are also present in our community sidebar.

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    21 month ago

I think someone mentioned “Will Save the Galaxy for Food” before, but even if didn’t, any comparison to Douglas Adams immediately puts that book in my wishlist. Going to check it out.

John Scalzi, as I may have mentioned before, is a weird writer for me. I have been following him on different social media for many many years, but I have never read any of his books. I should rectify this soon. Thinking about ordering his Old Man’s War series soon.

• @makeshiftreaper@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 month ago

The Jacques Mckeown books have been very entertaining so far. I’m irritated that Audible is paying him to make them timed audio exclusives, but what can you do? Douglas Adams was my favorite author so I don’t use the comparison lightly. Slight complaint, Yahtzee loves the word nacelle

A personal Scalzi recommendation would be Kaiju Preservation Society. It’s short, shows his humor pretty well, and should give you an idea if you want to start his books. Personally I didn’t find Old Man’s War to be his best work

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        11 month ago

Interesting. Thanks for the recommendation!