• @ericjmorey
    link
    English
    131 month ago

Active accounts is not active users. We shouldn’t lie to ourselves. I wouldn’t be surprised if the number of active users is half of the active account number.

• @iso@lemy.lol
      link
      fedilink
      English
      161 month ago

More realistic than mainstream social media platforms. On Lemmy, the number of active users is measured by posts, comments and votes.

• @ericjmorey
        link
        English
        91 month ago

I think that’s a mistake, but also the point is that saying users when you mean accounts is lying to yourself. Users here have multiple accounts, I have 7.

• @iso@lemy.lol
          link
          fedilink
          English
          51 month ago

Yes, almost almost all of us have more than one account, but not everyone uses more than one account at the same time. I think these numbers are correct. There should be a margin of deviation of at most 10%.

• @ericjmorey
            link
            English
            51 month ago

Over 6 months and over a month, I think most users with multiple accounts use their accounts at least once to post, comment, or vote. So it wouldn’t surprise me if active users to active accounts was 1:2

• @ericjmorey
        link
        English
        51 month ago

No. I think that there are enough users with multiple accounts including bots that it wouldn’t surprise me if the ratio of active users to active accounts is 1:2.