I was thinking about this question today as someone used our work printer for some personal stuff.

As for me, I am printing little things that I would say make it worth it. I’ve printed lens adapters for my camera for example. That’s worth a good 14 to 30 bucks per print. My most favorite photo was with an adapted lens that came from a projector. I also printed IEMs and those things are worth it. Listening to music is second to none on those things. Plus I printed the same shell but for ear protection and again the fit is perfect and sure there’s post processing to get smooth surfaces but in the end it looks like a professional made it. So I think 3d printers are worth it.

• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    41 month ago

My first 3d printer was a xmas gift from my partner and its been a blast to tinker with, I have found it useful for printing parts, toys, parts, all sorts of stuff. I purchased a much larger one so I can do larger and faster prints, and while I think the build has been worth it, I would NOT recommend buying the FYSETC kit I did.

• @pirat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      13 days ago

FYSETC kit

Find Yourself Stuck, Escape The Challenge?

Forget Your Silly, Edgy Tech Chase?

Fuck Your Skull, Embrace The Computer?

Fried Yogurt Stick, Extra Thick Cheese?

No? Then, tell me, what kind of kit is this?