• @StopJoiningWars
    link
    228 days ago

You’re just telling them to go die and not take precautions.

• XIIIesq
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      28 days ago

If you want to be really safe you can choose to never leave your house, but I’d say that’s no life. There’s always going to be some risk involved with whatever you want to do and it’s not always going to be a risk that’s reasonably manageable.

I think telling someone not to worry about getting COVID after three vaccinations (as long as they are not extremely frail or elderly) isn’t telling them to “go die” in your words, it’s common sense.

• Echo Dot
        link
        fedilink
        122 days ago

The vaccine just reduces the likelihood that you will get seriously ill if you get the disease, it doesn’t make it zero. With it being a zoonotic virus it does all sorts of mutating and random things over time, so the vaccine may not permanently work for anyone long-term. It’s not far beyond the realms of possibility that we could end up in another global outbreak situation. Wouldn’t that be fun.

At the bare minimum I would recommend everyone to stop licking each other. Also wash your hands when you go to the bathroom so many people don’t do that it’s ridiculous.

• XIIIesq
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          22 days ago

To be fair, I never said three vaccines makes COVID zero risk, the implication was that you shouldn’t be living you’re life in fear due to COVID unless you’re seriously frail or elderly.

I’m not precious about the precautions that other people would like to take and I respect the wishes of people that do want to take their own further precautions, it’s a free country.