• @RinseDrizzle@midwest.social
              link
              fedilink
              English
              edit-2
              28 days ago

Lol, learned your online etiquette from Xbox? Why so mad, that’s so weird too…

Y’all bringing a lot of that “all lives matter” energy, jussayin. Not sure if that’s what you’re going for, but for sure the vibe you’re giving. ✋😏🤳

• @areyouevenreal@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              428 days ago

You still don’t get it. If they actually had equality comics like this wouldn’t need to be made. Are you going to start complaining whenever women mention sexism or black people mention racism?

link
                  fedilink
                  328 days ago

Is that actually what you want though? Or do you actually want to hate on trans people while pretending to be impartial? I would love a society where largeley socially constructed concepts like gender norms and race didn’t exist, yet I don’t go around being combative towards minorities like you do. Think about this.

• @Daxtron2@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          728 days ago

The irony of calling me a bigot while also espousing the view that trans people think they’re better than cis people is hilarious. There are assholes in every group, trans people included. That doesn’t mean all trans people are assholes.

• @Duamerthrax@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          28 days ago

every single trans person I’ve ever talked to online

I’ve ever talked to online

How exactly would you know someone is trans online if they weren’t “flaunting” it? How do you know you don’t interact with more quite trans people then loud trans people? How does any of that matter? It’s online forum. If you’re angry at text on a screen, go outside and touch grass.

• @Zink@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      1428 days ago

Treat people equally.

Hi, I’m a male that prefers dogs and I don’t have a gun on me right now.

I would like to apologize ahead of time for disgusting you by putting myself on a pedestal by pointing out that I exist.

Unless my version doesn’t offend you for some reason hmmm?

• @Duamerthrax@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      1328 days ago

Sir, this a comic. Not a pedestal.

None of this is important enough to warrant your level of hostility. Yeah, it’s a little cringe, but it’s also harmless. Don’t like it? Move on.

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
      link
      fedilink
      1028 days ago

Go. The fuck. Away. No I’m not giving you a reason, arguing with people like you isn’t worth my time. Get lost, fucking nazi scum. You aren’t welcome here.

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
          link
          fedilink
          628 days ago

Thank you for the complement. I do believe I’m justified in telling people who believe I ought not to exist that they are, in fact, evil. If that’s a problem for you, so be it. You’re entitled to your opinion, doesn’t mean you have the right to face no criticism or judgement for your views. Just as you have the right to say such things to me.

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
              link
              fedilink
              328 days ago

And in a way, yes, “spite the haters” is a big part of it. Because the “haters” are in most cases actively abusing or discriminating against us, and we generally like to bring attention to such social issues. That’s the point of political comics. I’d hardly call pointing out evil people and bringing them up as a joke “arrogant.”

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
              link
              fedilink
              228 days ago

I’m just in a particularly chaotic mood, given your original tone on this matter… I can ensure you I’m perfectly capable of holding a normal, intellectual debate (although this isn’t the most convenient platform to do so). And yeah when people defend those who say my identity isn’t valid, the same people who’ve harassed me and abused me physically and mentally during my childhood, I’m likely to get a bit confrontational at times.

link
          fedilink
          328 days ago

You’re the one who came here being combative over things that probably never happened. Someone matched or exceeded you’re level of combativeness and now you’re pissed?! Meanwhile people regularly say trans people aren’t real, or shouldn’t exist, and you completeley ignore that.

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
          link
          fedilink
          428 days ago

Actually this might be worth my time after all… I’m bored. So do tell me, why is it “haughty,” “arrogant,” etc. to exist as a nonbinary person…? Do you actually believe you have the right to ask me what genitalia I was born with and judge me accordingly?

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
              link
              fedilink
              528 days ago

Do you believe the person in the comic is justified in asking about the other individual’s genitalia? The comic is aimed at such people. If you think that’s weird and wrong, you’re not the target of this comic. But I don’t think it’s arrogant at all to be mean to such people who think we should be discriminated against based on our genitalia.

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
                  link
                  fedilink
                  628 days ago

Are you saying nobody actually does such things to us? It’s all a strawman, nobody actually asks what’s “in our pants”? Because I have most certainly encountered such people personally, and many of my friends have been harassed by them.

link
                  fedilink
                  228 days ago

You seem to have completeley missed the fact that there are real life people who are against trans people, you seem to be one of them which kind of makes me wonder how you missed this fact

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
              link
              fedilink
              328 days ago

The issue in the comic is this: a nonbinary person exists. Random bystander: “are you a man or woman?” NB: I’m neither. Bystander then proceeds to ask what genitalia they have, not taking “nonbinary” as a valid answer. Yes the enby in the comic was snarky about it. I wouldn’t do that if someone was genuinely asking, but the comic suggests the bystander was being judgemental or otherwise a jerk about it. In which case yeah, I’m gonna be mean right back.

• ℛ𝒶𝓋ℯ𝓃
                  link
                  fedilink
                  428 days ago

These people exist. I’ve met them, my friends have met them, and I personally have been abused by them. This is not a strawman argument, it’s a snarky comic aimed at real people who have hurt people like me. I don’t see why attacking those people is “arrogant and attention seeking.” Were not pretending to be victims, we’re attacking people who have hurt us through humor and snarky remarks… a perfectly reasonable response I’d say. I also apologize for assuming you’re one of those people, I was quick to jump to that conclusion when it looked like you were defending such actions…

link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      28 days ago

Lots of people deny trans and non-binary people even exist. There are also those who want trans people to stop existing. That’s why people go around reminding everybody. How have you not worked this out yet?

I have not seen trans people claiming to be better than cis people. What I have seen is cis people disparaging trans people. I’ve also seen both men and women disparage the opposite gender. I’ve even seen the constant (and somewhat sexist) reinforcement and policing of gender norms that happens within society such as girls are better at cleaning and men are better at repairing things and so on that’s mostly perpetuated by cis people.

I say all of this as a typically presenting cis man in a male dominated field. Despite that I still have to contend with gender norms. For example I am not athletic, and do things like baking that make me stand out to other men who subscribe to traditional gender roles.

So who again doesn’t treat people equally?

Edit: I think you are also confusing feminists and gender abolitionists with trans people. Trans people are not the ones normally arguing that gender doesn’t matter, as it’s understandably quite important to them specifically. Gender abolitionists want to get rid of gender norms and other things associated with a person’s social gender. Feminists need no explanation but surfice to say that the majority of them are cis women.