• @ravhall
    link
    3323 days ago

Can it come for organized religion too? Because no one kills in the name of Doom, but “god” has a lot of blood on its hands.

• coyotino [he/him]OP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1823 days ago

the regulation in this case is more about exploitation of children in online spaces, not so much about violence in videogames. That question was settled in the 90s.

• @ravhall
        link
        1923 days ago

Again, churches exploit more children than… well, anything. Ban god.

• sunzu2
          link
          fedilink
          822 days ago

you are making the polite company uncomfortable, boy

• Coelacanth
        link
        fedilink
        623 days ago

That question was settled in the 90s.

Tell that to the IOC who refused to feature any shooters at the Esports Olympics because they’re “too violent” - they even forced Fortnite to make a target shooting mode for its entry!

• kbal
          link
          fedilink
          922 days ago

the Esports Olympics

I had never heard of it, but I went to find out who won the SC2 gold medal and found out instead that they only included video game versions of established olympic sports, i.e. the fortnite was target shooting mode because target shooting is a sport that’s in the olympics.

• Coelacanth
            link
            fedilink
            622 days ago

Yes, it’s very very silly and is basically the complete opposite of what it should be. It should be the Olympics for Esports, not a bunch of mobile games tangentially related to existing olympic sports.

Not that I would expect better from the IOC.

• coyotino [he/him]OP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          723 days ago

well that’s the Olympics. They are the dictators of their event, for better or for worse. Rules in the Olympics are important, but they are not legislation or regulation.