I’ve been looking into all sorts of them recently: logseq, appflowy, vikunja, etc. What tools do you use? Why? What problems did you run into with the previous set of tools you used for this job?

Right now I’m primarily interested in finding a “zero-knowledge” (cloud provider doesn’t have access to my data) system for task management. Needs to be able to have recurring tasks and tasks organized in some interesting/useful ways (by projects/labels/something, maybe a kanban and table view). Deadlines and time tracking/planning interesting but not required.

• @delirious_owl
    link
    edit-2
    24 days ago

Zim

Its amazing. I keep my whole life in there. Also has tons of plugins that probably meet your tasks needs.

I store it in an a encrypted luks volume that I upload to the cloud, so its zero knowledge on all the clouds.

• @klangcola@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      324 days ago

Zim really is amazing, its the perfect balance with its simple plain text files in folders data structure, but powerful search and back linking. And I love linking to other files on the local file system.

How do you do the LUKS volume upload to cloud? Is it for syncing between devices or just backup? Personally I use (self hosted) NextCloud to sync my Zim between devices.

• @delirious_owl
        link
        124 days ago

Just backup. You just have to pause the luks mount and then you upload it like any file.

• @pemptago@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      24 days ago

I’ve enjoyed Zim in the past but not being able to access it on mobile caused me to migrate. Do you have a way to access your notes on the go?

• @delirious_owl
        link
        124 days ago

No, I wouldn’t want my sensitive notes on an insecure device

• @monobot@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        121 days ago

Those are only .md files, I guess any text editor will open them.

Yeah, no reminders and tasks, but notes should be accessible from anything and git can sync it. Never tried it, but text files were the reason I choose zim in the first place. I want it simple.

• @monobot@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      121 days ago

Same. Perfectly simple to start, and you can build from there.

I just dump stuff if I not in the mood to organize it.