We speak with Human Rights Watch researcher Milena Ansari about the organization’s new report detailing the torture of Palestinian medical workers in Israeli prisons. HRW spoke with eight doctors, paramedics and nurses who were picked up in Gaza before being transferred to the notorious Sde Teiman camp and other facilities, where they say they suffered beatings, starvation, humiliation, electric shocks and other forms of abuse.

The men also describe threats of sexual violence during brutal interrogations and seeing another prisoner bleeding after being gang-raped with an M16 rifle by three soldiers.

The findings track with other reports from researchers and survivors, and HRW has called on the International Criminal Court to investigate Israel for its attacks on healthcare workers. “We’re really ringing the alarm about the situation inside the Israeli custody and detention facilities,” says Ansari, who says evidence is mounting of a “systematic pattern of ill-treatment and abuse.”

• @garpujol
    link
    English
    1517 days ago

There is lots of proof. You are just here to criticize western civilization. You do not care about Palestine. I can prove it: say something bad about China.

• @goferking0@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      217 days ago

You do not care about Palestine. I can prove it: say something bad about China.

Yes that totally proves something if they don’t…

But I thought it was the Russians now not the Chinese who were pushing the stop the genocide rhetoric

• @noride@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            017 days ago

Tbf it’s a pretty damned easy shit test to pass, it’s quite telling when someone won’t even take a swing.

• @garpujol
                link
                English
                517 days ago

I’d be glad to.

• Native American Displacement and Genocide
                • Slavery!
                • Japanese American internment
                • The entire Vietnam war
                • support for authoritarian regimes
                • The invasion of Iraq in 2003 based on the false assumption that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction
                • systematic discrimination against Black people

… to name just a few.

See, that’s how you criticize your own country when you won’t go to jail for criticizing your own country. No country is 100% perfect. All governments are bastards.

• @garpujol
                    link
                    English
                    017 days ago

That wasn’t about freedom of speech, that was about protesting and getting in a fight with the police. That’s a different situation. And before you get excited and think I’m siding with the police, no I’m not. If this was China, and I criticized them, they would just come into my home and arrest me and my family.

And just to make you happy, you can add that the United States has a bunch of bastards for cops. That should cover all of that stuff that you said

• @umbrella@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      17 days ago

way to shift the burden of proof there. give me that proof.

a nyt article with extraordinary claims and just pictures of random prisioners doesnt count.

• @garpujol
        link
        English
        417 days ago

What would count?

• @garpujol
            link
            English
            217 days ago

Right. Denial is the CCP’s go to excuse.

Wasn’t that a Shaggy song from like 20 years ago? “Wasn’t me”

• @umbrella@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          16 days ago

actually credible first party witnesses, pictures and videos.

about the same that gets all of us mad about palestine, and which would be inevitable to exist in big quantities in the 21st century.

• @garpujol
            link
            English
            116 days ago

If this event took place in 2024, everyone would have taken photos and video and they would be instantly available to the world.

As for credible witnesses, you wouldn’t consider any witness I provide credible. You’ve been trained to argue and discredit everything, while at the same time expecting people to accept your sources.

Here are some videos. Just scrub to the end on mute, the guy’s voice is annoying. I’m sure you’ll claim all this video footage is somehow not credible. And if no credible footage existed than clearly it could have never happened. Convenient.

https://youtu.be/Cufi0sohVQk