• @garpujol
    link
    English
    2520 days ago

A good way to tell if a company has ever been shitty to their employees is if they have a union. Unionizing is no easy task, and for things to get that bad it usually requires a shitty corporation.

Pay your people well. Treat them like your kids. (In the Norman Rockwell, everything is perfect, sort of way 😅)

• @Usernameblankface@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1320 days ago

Treat them like essential assets, your company can’t function without them. Every time they make you extra money, pay them extra money on top of a salary that makes all their peers in other companies jealous.

• @garpujol
        link
        English
        1420 days ago

I worked for a company that had its “best year ever” and brought in $220m. They said they were on track to beat $300m next year. I was offered a promotion, but turned it down because 2.8% wasn’t enough to take a manager role. They got offended and fired me.

• @Usernameblankface@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          520 days ago

Yeah, that kind of thing is what fuels a Union. Then the same people who treated you that way can’t figure out how their perfect company ended up unionized.

• @garpujol
        link
        English
        220 days ago

Right?! Just because I have people under me doesn’t mean I’m not on their side. I’m not a board member. I don’t get anything from them making my life hell by treating employees poorly and expecting me to take the shit.

• @rammer@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        120 days ago

Wait what? In America middle managers can’t unionize? What a load of horse shit. You should get on that.