• @TayamExplorer
    link
    -1117 days ago

It’s funny that you both place quotation marks around men, showing you don’t believe they are, and yet pretend that you think the fault is in how they’re being raised.

It’s like the dichotomy escapes you. Are they real men raised poorly? Or are they fake men and therefore they’re not the subject of this discussion at all?

I don’t expect you to have any reasonable response though because clearly the misandrist brain rot hit you pretty hard. My condolences. Maybe you should isolate though.

• @MystikIncarnate@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      217 days ago

What even is this response?

I was raised. I raised myself.

I see a lot of boys who are so sheltered from the world that they can’t even make hot pockets or do their laundry without someone helping them.

I wanted to be raised by my parents and I was forced to raise myself. I don’t say this to garner any sympathy, because I know I won’t get any. I’m not going to throw myself a pity party because I was left to figure it out.

The only point I’m making, if any at all, is that: school doesn’t prepare you for life. It certainly didn’t prepare me for life… And parents should be teaching their kids how to deal with stuff, and think about their choices so they can make good ones without needing to be told what to do.

I had to figure that out on my own. It’s 100% possible to have a very easy upbringing and be raised right.

I don’t think I need to tell anyone that nobody gives a fuck about how you feel or how much you’re struggling, if you have a dick between your legs, and that demonstrates the problem in society. Boys will “figure it out”.

Most of them don’t, more than a few, never will.

What’s all this shit about being raised? Who raised you?