The US has a “biblical” duty to support Israel’s annexation of the occupied West Bank, former US President Donald Trump’s ambassador to Israel argues in a new book, unveiling a plan for “one Jewish state" that he said he would share with Trump.

“President Trump has often said that he was indifferent to one state or two states - whatever the parties might agree to,” former US ambassador David Friedman writes in the book, One Jewish State: The Last, Best Hope to Resolve the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict.

“His goals always were practical and targeted toward tangible improvements in the quality of life. I believe that if Israel will support this plan, he will as well,” according to a copy of the book obtained by The Forward.

Friedman argues the US should support Israel’s annexation “based first and foremost on biblical prophecies and values”, saying that such a policy “hearkens back to basic Judeo-Christian values of kindness, human dignity, humility and prosperity”.

Friedman told The Forward he will share his annexation plan with Trump “at the appropriate time”.

• @ravhall
    link
    1212 days ago

Just ban all religion. This crap needs to end.

• @Samvega@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      811 days ago

Soviet Russia tried that. Didn’t stop people believing in Christianity. And their anti-theist government wasn’t exactly perfect.

Maybe human ideology is the issue.

• @ravhall
        link
        111 days ago

Tell that to the Russian Orthodox Church! But I definitely agree that humans are ultimately the problem… with everything.

• @Linkerbaan@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      711 days ago

China did that. They built some vocational centers in Xinijang to “re-educate” religious people. That sure solved everything.

• @ravhall
        link
        -311 days ago

One day you’re standing up for China, and the next you’re kicking it around. I’m beginning to think you just like talking shit to cause trouble. 😘

• @Linkerbaan@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          1211 days ago

Human rights isn’t a game of picking sides where they don’t matter if your own side is violating them. Though for most voters that sure seems to be the case.

If only there was some term for a group of people glorifying and praising every aspect of something in a cult-like fashion…

• @ravhall
            link
            -111 days ago

Wumao works for me.

• @Kbobabob@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      11 days ago

You don’t need to ban it. Just ignore it. Take away their voice from government, like it was supposed to be.

• @ravhall
        link
        311 days ago

Well yes, but that isn’t going to happen.