The mother told relatives she reached out to the school on Wednesday morning, warning of an emergency, the suspect’s aunt said Saturday.

Archived https://archive.ph/zC0Sa

• @ravhall
    link
    609 days ago

Jfc. And they still bought the kid a gun.

• MaeveOP
      link
      fedilink
      999 days ago

The father. The parents had been separated *before the time FBI contacted the father, who then bought the child the assault rifle. The mother and her family had been trying to get the son treatment.

• @ravhall
        link
        399 days ago

Jfc again. I hope a few heads roll with this one.

• MaeveOP
          link
          fedilink
          389 days ago

It would help a lot if schools were fully funded along with fully funded, single payer, comprehensive health care.

• @ravhall
            link
            279 days ago

Any kind of mental health care would be acceptable at this point.

• MaeveOP
              link
              fedilink
              189 days ago

Georgia is a red state currently a purple state*. Kemp stole won the election from Abrams by campaign ads of him locking and loading.

*Edited

• @grue@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                209 days ago

Georgia is a purple state held hostage by GOP gerrymandering. We saved the damn Senate, remember?

• MaeveOP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  79 days ago

I edited the post, and I feel your pain. I’m in a neighboring blood red.

• @ayyy@sh.itjust.works
                link
                fedilink
                118 days ago

No, Kemp won the election by literally rigging the vote, then destroying evidence that the FBI specifically told him that he could not destroy. Then he certified his own victory, as the election commissioner. Since then he has faced no consequences because the United States is literally not a democracy.

• MaeveOP
                    link
                    fedilink
                    08 days ago

I know. It’s why “stole” is strike through but the bit about Ms. Abrams isn’t.

This is wild. From memory, I know which comment your reply addresses. It shows up looking like you’re replying to my comment answering the person who asked why the FBI interviewed “the FATHER.” I contacted an admin about this issue, as two users have mentioned my look like they’re showing up in reply to the wrong comments. If/when they contact me, I’ll mention this.

• MaeveOP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  08 days ago

Sure. And he got a lot of voters with the commercials, too.

• @some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org
              link
              fedilink
              58 days ago

Florida approved chaplains in schools. I wouldn’t take that as an acceptable form of mental health care. Luckily, the fine folks at the Satanic Temple have expressed interest in sending their own chaplains, so the plan has stalled out a bit.

• MaeveOP
              link
              fedilink
              109 days ago

With utmost respect for you, because I understand you clearly. We (our leadership, rather) can correct most of our issues, but lack the willpower, because Club Ultra wealthy. If anyone reading this has lost a child to mass shooting incident, just know your elected national leadership prefers donation from the monied elite before and during office, and cushy jobs and retirement, after.

• MaeveOP
            link
            fedilink
            -17 days ago

No one I know would ever use that, for hunting. Shotgun and rifle shells are crazy expensive.

• @Revan343@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              17 days ago

An AR-15 isn’t really powerful enough to hunt deer reliably unless you are an incredibly good shot

• @Kalysta@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        28 days ago

God, if there was ever a reason to award someone full custody, this would have been it.

• @Kalysta@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            37 days ago

I know nothing about a meth charge, but she was the parent who called the school and TRIED to stop this when she realized her son was being weird.

So in the grand scheme of which parent should have custody, i’d pick the one who didn’t hand him a gun.

• @nomous@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              07 days ago

Be that as it may, full custody shouldn’t be given to methheads. It’s almost like it isn’t a simple, black & white issue.

• @Kalysta@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                27 days ago

Or better we give the kid to the maternal grandparents who it sounds like the mother was living with and get the child therapy and the mother rehab and not call her a methhead to stigmatize her when she fucking tried to do the right thing here.

The addict had more sense about her son than his father did. Maybe, just maybe, we should stop criminalizing addiction so that we don’t end up with 4 dead people, 9 injured, and 2 people looking at life in prison.

• @nomous@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  07 days ago

If you don’t know anything about it then maybe don’t chime in with “she should’ve had custody” eh?

• MaeveOP
          link
          fedilink
          08 days ago

It was a very troubled family, the symptoms of despair and trauma. It’s time we start addressing addressing the causes of despair, as well as symptoms, and healing our collective trauma.

• @Fades@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -58 days ago

Strange that the FBI contacted the FATHER and not the mother regarding a child (unless both were visited?). So weird as usually it’s the opposite; schools for example always try and work with the mother when it comes to kids and their parents.