• @ravhall
    link
    107 days ago

You can buy all those parts online without registration. The only thing you can’t buy is the receiver, which can be manufactured at home very easily. That’s the part that houses the trigger and connects the barrel, etc.

Obviously, the more advanced the gun gets, the more difficult it is to make, but a single shot could be made with stuff from the hardware store.

• Snot Flickerman
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      7 days ago

You can buy all those parts online without registration.

True, but I think this is more about the wider world outside of America.

Can you buy all those parts online in Europe? Or in Japan? I’m in the USA, so I don’t actually know, but I would assume they would have tighter controls on that sort of thing.

• @schizo@forum.uncomfortable.business
        link
        fedilink
        English
        127 days ago

A gun is stupid simple: it’s a machined piece of pipe, something to strike the firing cap on the bullet, a trigger, and some sort of receiver.

Nothing you can’t build out of parts from your local home supply store, if you really felt like it.

3d printing makes a couple of parts of building one easier, but it’s certainly not required since we’ve had 3d printing for about 10 minutes, and been building guns for hundreds of years.

• RandomStickman
        link
        fedilink
        117 days ago

The FGC-9 (Fuck Gun Control 9) is designed with European laws in mind, and is amongst the most widespread design out there. Most notably used in the ongoing Myanmar civil war by rebels.

• @Kaboom@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        57 days ago

All you need is a 3/4 inch pipe, a pipe that fits over the other one, a pipe end, a nail, and a drill. Making a single shot is super easy, and the instructions are everywhere.

Anywhere that has a hardware store, you can make a gun very easily.

• @ravhall
        link
        47 days ago

Some pipe would probably do the trick. It wouldn’t be very good, but it would fire.