“Asked how many members of the House of Reps there were, Stein guessed 600-some before hosts corrected her.”

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
    link
    95 days ago

Because doing worse doesn’t mean they’re not still an imminent threat to our democracy.

• @UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          5 days ago

There are 10x more non-voters than Green voters in any given election. If you abolish the Green Party, all you’re doing is feeding those Green voters into the non-voting demographic.

Why would any Green vote for a party that believes their organization does not have a right to exist?

• @aesthelete@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            14 days ago

all you’re doing is feeding those Green voters into the non-voting demographic.

What’s your proof of this claim?

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
            link
            15 days ago

I guess maybe you’re not being intentionally obtuse.

The comment was about why democrats worry about losing to the Republicans due the green party taking votes because the Republican party is weakening.

I was saying that the republican party weakening doesn’t mean they aren’t still a threat.

• @UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              -85 days ago

democrats worry about losing to the Republicans due the green party taking votes because the Republican party is weakening.

Ah, my mistake. I thought they were saying the Green party is weakening. Greens have been steadily losing vote share since Nader’s defeat in 2000.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
                link
                24 days ago

Idk why you were downvoted for admitting you were mistaken. The internet is weird.