• @ravhall
    link
    242 days ago

The sheriff cannot shut off my security cameras.

• BigFig
      link
      fedilink
      English
      82 days ago

Your security cameras are not bulletproof, they will shut them off

• @ravhall
        link
        32 days ago

The police aren’t gonna shoot cameras. Also, there are several. Inside, outside, good luck getting away with anything in my house.

• @Dasus@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          42 days ago

https://youtu.be/0bNy7XO-SCI

Have you ever been in an interaction like that with the police?

Because I’ve found that a lot of the time, people are somewhat more confident before they see just how disgustingly and openly corrupt these assholes can be.

• @ravhall
            link
            02 days ago

Yes, my camera set up is very similar to that.

• @Dasus@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              72 days ago

“Good luck getting away with anything in my house” still implies that you think that as long as you’ve recorded a police doing something illegal, he’ll face consequences for that.

That is extremely naive.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/afroman-pushes-back-cop-lawsuit-recent-music-video/story?id=101520072

The cops actually sued Afroman, after breaking his shit and having it videod that they broke shit and stole from him.

I don’t think you understand just how perverted “justice” usually is. Especially when you’re trying to get consequences for law enforcement for having broken the laws themselves.

• @ravhall
                link
                02 days ago

They sued him for making a music video of the footage. I would not be making a music video. So, what are they going to sue me for?

I do understand how bad the cops are. But as long as they don’t shoot me—a different topic—they cannot get in and out of my house unnoticed. This is my only statement.

• @Dasus@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  11 day ago

they cannot get in and out of my house unnoticed.

This is very much not mutually exclusive with “getting away with things”.

You’re too optimistic about the justice system.

• @ravhall
                    link
                    -31 day ago

English must not be your first language.