I’m not hip to the lingo

• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    22 hours ago

I’m not into it nearly as deep as you are saying - don’t worry. I did get a bit triggered, bc basically it sounds like a parent smacking their child, then getting mad that when they go to smack them again, they shy away. It’s abusive, and demeaning, and toxic AF. And then after all that, to blame the victim, as if they were the ones in the wrong, fuck yeah it bothers me to read that.

There’s hope in the world - please don’t kill yourself, and yes going outside can help. Maybe leaving the toxic situation can help as well, but also there’s a time & a place for such, e.g. a toddler cannot no matter how much they may want to. In any case, a journey of a thousand miles does not begin with a single step, but rather with figuring out where you need to go, and then a route from here to there.

A perfect example is Biden stepping down. He may have wanted to have been President so very bad… but it would have hurt us all if he tried and failed, so I respect him so very much for his willingness to be honest about the situation. Toxic negativity is wrong, but so too is toxic positivity as well. Honesty and realism are better goals to shoot for - and he was willing to consider that, if not at first then at least eventually. And now, as a result, there’s real hope for the next election. More so than there was at any rate.

But also, not all of life is sunshine and rainbows, so if someone were to be a bit depressed, then yeah you gotta fight it - bc what other choice do we have, you know? as you said - but also, I’m not going to blame someone for seeing depressing things and then being depressed. That’s the identical same thought process as blaming someone for being born poor, or like black or a woman (or man) or something - it’s not something you can simply decide to become, but at least when it first happens it is something done to you, the circumstances I mean.

TLDR: I was triggered by what looked like victim blaming mentality, bc it’s so extremely fucking toxic.