Keiko is the worst villain in the entire Alpha quadrant.

That is all.

• Album
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    1 day ago

The problem with Keiko is that she just isn’t on miles level so she comes off as self absorbed in the face of a genuine man who is literally out there saving the alpha and delta quadrant weekly.

She’s tolerable in TNG because she’s more of a plot device for Miles but for DS9 they lean into the fact that she’s a mother and a wife and I guess the point of her character was to show the dynamics of family life for non-officers for star fleet. there’s no way Keiko should know whats going on - it’s way over her head - she’s just trying to live a normal life, but she has absolutely no deference for the fact that she’s married to one of the most hard working and honourable people in the whole galaxy and that really just makes her a nag and annoying af.

• teft
      link
      fedilink
      91 day ago

a genuine man who is literally out there saving the alpha and delta quadrant weekly

The Bajoran wormhole went to the Gamma quadrant.

The delta quadrant is where Voyager and the Barzan wormhole went.

• HobbitFoot
      link
      fedilink
      English
      141 day ago

but she has absolutely no deference for the fact that she’s married to one of the most hard working and honourable people in the whole galaxy

I think she does, which is why she stays with him and makes make changes and sacrifices to her life to be with him. However, there is a breaking point.

That said, I think she is a good person.

• @Infynis@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      91 day ago

They say that being in Star Fleet makes relationships hard. I guess they really wanted to show how in DS9 lol