Among all voters, the number approving is even lower at 4% and the disapproval is 57%

Even among those who described themselves as MAGA Republicans, it was 9% approval to 28% disapproval

• @morgunkorn@discuss.tchncs.de
    link
    fedilink
    2013 hours ago

and the remaining 2/3 of the electorate is unsure about depriving millions of americans of basic welfare, equality and security, but it’s probably fine

• @usernamesAreTricky@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      612 hours ago

Given the stark polling, I’d imagine most of the unsure people likely just haven’t heard of Project 2025 / don’t know what’s in it

• it’s such a weird thing to be on top of foreign politics when people who are the most concerned with the outcome of that vote are oblivious to what’s at stake

• Aatube
        link
        fedilink
        18 hours ago

According to the new poll, less than a quarter of those surveyed—23 percent—had never heard of it or were unsure of how they felt. Polling released in July by progressive firm Navigator Research showed that more than half of Americans reported being familiar with Project 2025—double the amount who reported familiarity with it just a month earlier.

You guys… we live in a post-reading society /hj

link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          4 hours ago

The new poll does not distinguish between unsure of how one feels and never heard of project 2025. (I did dig into the poll document itself too)

The poll looking at number familiar with project 2025 was months ago from a different poll

• Aatube
            link
            fedilink
            13 hours ago

Apologies, I meant to reply to @morgunkorn@discuss.tchncs.de. Regardless of the unsure/unfamiliar, you have 77% who are sure of how they feel, far from 1/3. Of those, 23/77=30% hate it and 7/77%=9% like it.

The poll looking at number familiar with project 2025 was months ago from a different poll

Could the percentage of familiar people have decreased?

link
              fedilink
              edit-2
              3 hours ago

Note that a good chunk of the poll, people selected neutral which may very well still be a “I don’t know much about this”. Familiar can also mean “I have heard the name before”