• @InquisitiveApathy@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    8 hours ago

In America, there’s a very popular car windshield decal sticker that people put on that says “Salt Life.” It specifically just means someone visited a popular beach vacation spot called Myrtle Beach, SC. The people who put it on tend to being almost exclusively sporty douchebags and suburban moms.

That’s about it.

Edit: changed NC to SC

• @Rooskie91
        link
        edit-2
        11 hours ago

They’re everywhere. I saw them in Hawaii and locals make fun of people that have salt life merch. I think it’s a clothing brand marketed to people with boats and sport fishermen.

• Yes. That’s the remnants of a massive hurricane that just pushed through Florida. Hurricanes sometimes bring salt water with them in the form of rain many miles away from the coast. When I was very young, there was one time where there was a massive hurricane here that was bad enough that we were evacuated, and when we came back, the glass door at my dad’s office was covered in so much salt that it looked like frosted glass. And that office was miles away from the beaches.

This is basically the only time those idiots with the “Salt Life” stickers hundreds of miles from the coast will see salt water.

• @baggachipz@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      612 hours ago

sporty douchebags

That’s generous. Most of the ones I see are the fat rednecks with goatees. The kind who set a photo of them with a caught fish as their BoomerBook profile pic.

• Flying SquidOPM
        link
        fedilink
        410 hours ago

Yeah. I’m in Indiana. We don’t have a lot of sporty douchebags, but we do have a lot of fat rednecks with goatees. And a lot of Salt Life decals.