This was a nice week for book reading. Don’t usually get this much time generally.

Finished The Last White Man by Mohsin Hamid. I didn’t like the writing style initially but got used to as I read along. It’s a small book, just a little more than 100 pages. An umm… interesting read.

Got my copy of The Frugal Wizard’s Handbook for Surviving Medieval England by Brandon Sanderson. Really liked the book. It was a fun, light book. There was much less action than I was expecting, after reading the announcement of the book, but that didn’t make book any less enjoyable. Finished the book in two days, which I rarely get to do now.

Grave Peril by Jim Butcher. Book 3 of Dresden Files. I have just started it, but it’s the same Dresden Files. Nothing to say about that.

What have you been reading?

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    111 months ago

Artemis is the least liked of Andy Weir’s books. I wanted to read it before Project Hail Marry, but couldn’t get my hands on a copy. Glad to see you are enjoying it.

• @yenahmik@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      211 months ago

I guess that doesn’t surprise me, given how different it is from The Martian. If you go in expecting it to be like The Martian, you’re going to be very disappointed. For what it was, though, I really liked it. Granted, I generally prefer the heist genre that Artemis is, over the survivalist genre of The Martian.

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        111 months ago

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the feedback!