• @whataboutshutup
    link
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Haha, Yandex is fucking AIDS. Take google, but 5x. And it’s a good boy doggy of the regime for the last 10+ years. Who even fucking care what this person is to say? Fuck them.

Lmao, from +3 it went to zero. Heyo, rushills, show your face.

• @whataboutshutup
        link
        English
        111 months ago

Yes, and I avoid it unless I can’t. It’s very invasive and the last good bits of it are now hardly usable due to a striking amount of ads, tracking and enshittification. I think like I had less than 20 search queues in the last two years from their services.

I can write more about each service I liked before and why I call it AIDS if you care to read.

I wonder if you yourself use them, and why?

• @Siegfried@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          211 months ago

Ah, i didnt know it was that bad. I just rarelly use the browser now but used it a lot a few years back. i do use the mail and cloud service daily… I ended up using it because i was looking for a google alternative and yandex mail looked easier to manage than gmail to me.

I used the browser cause it felt less restricted than google… im not talking about adds but about the “guessing what you are actually looking for”

Most of the adds I get in the services i use are in russian so my head probably just goes by them cause i cant read it and they are totally not targeted cause what could i possibly buy in or from russia?.. maybe i get less adds because i live in the other end of the world?

• @whataboutshutup
            link
            English
            111 months ago

Heh, it’s probably a good usecase to enjoy Y-services outside of Russia. I didn’t think of it. While you are there, it’s pretty bad.

I dislike it for how they buthchered their own services, like market.yandex.ru to serve their ambitions as a marketing platform. Before, you could use it to find different deals from different vendors, compare prices, but now it’s their storefront, their vendors, a lil amazon.

What I really hate is that their chromium browser can get installed without admin rights, and also install their other apps like Alice (virtual assistent) and their search button. On install, it would, without a promt, suck your other browsers’ info into it, and then send it to their servers. For no one is to sue them, they started to behave like a malware.