Michigan State Rep. Matt Maddock, the husband of one of the 16 fake electors in that state who were indicted on multiple felonies last month, is warning that MAGA loyalists could escalate their violence to the level of war in an audio recording reported by The Messenger on Friday.“If the government …

• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    510 months ago

no im just trapped in an unincorporated deep Red county, in the south. I im not paranoid, im just not dumb. I know exactly which neighbours I can be open with and its a shockingly small number. I am represented by people who advocate sedition and treason, I have neighbours who openly harass people who dont publicly identify as for Trump. Moderates have to run as independents and even then they are accused of being “Democrats” their are churches in my town that burn books in mass bonfires.

I will continue to try to change things by voting for moderate Republicans because at least then my vote counts. I will keep trying to appeal to the working-class people who have been left behind by education and globalization that support reasonable labour reform so long as its presented as a conservative ideal.

I advocate using their language, and appeal to their idea of fiscal responsibility, but no… I wont make myself a target in my house. I will go to rallies, I will go to parades, I vote in every election, but I dont preach about it to neighbours.