• @YaketySax
    link
    English
    310 months ago

What’s the show? I think it’s after my time and/or it didn’t make it to my country.

• Dharma Curious
      link
      fedilink
      310 months ago

As PugJesus said. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. As best as I can recall, it’s about two kids, Billy and Mandy, and somehow they have the Grim Reaper living with them. I think he has to do their bidding, but I don’t entirely remember. Awesome show.

• PugJesusOP
        link
        fedilink
        210 months ago

He has to be their friend FOREVER, if memory serves.

• Dharma Curious
          link
          fedilink
          110 months ago

Is that what it was? I need to go watch a few episodes, see if it holds up.

• PugJesusOP
            link
            fedilink
            210 months ago

The earlier episodes were way darker and, imo, better than the middle seasons (which were great in their own right, but more absurdist). The later seasons were just mediocre.

• Dharma Curious
              link
              fedilink
              110 months ago

Pulled it up on YouTube, and the first episode it showed was My Fair Mandy. It did not hold up. Honestly, genuinely surprised CN didn’t scrap that one and prevent it from re-entering circulation. That was surprisingly problematic.

I think I’m gonna try to find some early season stuff and check it out. Do you know what episode the spider scene above is from? I remember loving that one as a kid.

• PugJesusOP
                link
                fedilink
                210 months ago

Not sure, I’m afraid. I remember the spider being a recurring character.