I’m a conservative. I don’t mind the liberal stuff here. It’s good to learn the other side, but I don’t want a liberal echo chamber. I’d like to be more politically balanced in the fediverse. Is there any way I can do that?

• @FelipeFelop
    link
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I haven’t mentioned anything about Trans people at all ? There’s nothing to negotiate and I don’t disagree that trans people have a right to be treated with respect and have their rights respected.

• phillaholic
      link
      fedilink
      511 months ago

It’s the hot topic of the moment for conservatives, particularly the ones that are getting banned from public sites. Other than that, it’s all culture war shit like abortion, immigration, border walls, etc that all go into xenophobia, misogamy, racism, antisemitism etc. I haven’t seen any real conservative ideas in a decade. Now it’s all a grift. You either have a old idea of what conservative is or just aren’t saying it out loud. Even when Republicans cut taxes, they cut them massively for the rich and give the middle class and poor pennies. Any time someone wants to put more money in lower classes pockets they fabricate some bullshit to block it (Student Loan Forgiveness, Stimulus Checks) all a while giving Businesses Billions and removing oversight (PPP Loans).

• @FelipeFelop
        link
        111 months ago

You have a very US point of view. That’s not a criticism as all of us can only go by our own experience.

I don’t mean this harshly but you seem to make judgements of people (eg that I’m out of date or a closet racist/anti-Semite etc/anti trans). Again this may be because of your experience but perhaps consider what posters write rather than what you think of them ?

Incidentally I agree about your analysis of US Republicans. Fortunately, they seem to be shooting themselves in the foot. eg Texas when it had extreme weather, they’d defunded the various organisations that could have alleviated the effects and prevented power cuts.