“Heads up, there won’t be a WAN Show this week. Instead, we will continue to focus on addressing issues raised both internally and by the community during our production break. We appreciate you all for your patience.”

• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    12011 months ago

Kinda bummed but also a good choice unless it was Luke and someone else.

Don’t really need Linus opening his mouth right now.

• @CameronDev@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      4311 months ago

Tarren would be interesting, but I suspect he is probably very hesitant to go live and unfiltered. He has seen how that worked for his predecessor :/

• @UnicornHarrison@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        4011 months ago

WAN Show’s real appeal (to me, at least) has always been the unfiltered and real time conversations. Though as of late, those conversations have been more about creating controversy then real discussion 😐

• @CameronDev@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          1911 months ago

Agreed, that is why I like it as well. A lot of the controversy is the community taking their unfiltered words and twisting them, rather than listening for the actual intent that is being expressed. Without the Luke saves Linus would have burned the whole company to the ground a long time ago. Hard R etc :D

• @ruk_n_rul@monyet.cc
            link
            fedilink
            1311 months ago

If you use a phrase in a way nobody else uses, and asks people to read your mind for what you actually meant, then you already failed as a public facing communicator.

• WeirdAlex03
              link
              fedilink
              English
              1911 months ago

Iirc Linus genuinely thought “hard R” refered to the word starting with R (r****d), not the one ending in R (n****r). He thought he was using it the same as everyone else, unaware that no he very much was not. Meanwhile, Luke was watching his career flash before his eyes