Read the doc, what are your thoughts?

• @Darth_vader__OP
    link
    210 months ago

what if someone is using Tor to hack your services? Then you will be blocking Tor exit IP,therebty also censoring Tor users.

Overlay networks like Tor has another problem too, you will have to trust the network nodes, and someone can just run a lot of nodes to control a big portion of the network, or can just deny acces to the network.

• Admiral Patrick
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      10 months ago

what if someone is using Tor to hack your services? Then you will be blocking Tor exit IP,therebty also censoring Tor users.

I’m fine with that, and that’s not censorship as far as I’m concerned. :shrug:

Overlay networks like Tor has another problem too, you will have to trust the network nodes, and someone can just run a lot of nodes to control a big portion of the network, or can just deny acces to the network.

I was referring more to I2P “eep” sites and TOR hidden services (and similar). Basically an overlay internet that operates separately. I’m not saying TOR / I2P /etc aren’t without their problems, but they’ve got a huge head start in addressing them versus something brand new.

But the big issue in replacing TCP/IP, the core protocol of the internet, is that IPv6 was introduced in 1995, has been supported by routers/OS’s not long after, was ratified as a standard in 2017, and is still not deployed as widely as it should be. Replacing IP entirely is just not going to happen since it will require replacing or at least firmware updating millions/billions of routing devices to support a new protocol. Anything that supplants TCP/IP is likely to be an evolution rather than a re-imagination.

• @Darth_vader__OP
        link
        110 months ago

I’m fine with that, and that’s not censorship as far as I’m concerned

I believe that is a form of censorship, hlocking a whole exit node only because it’s used for hacking… it’s like blocking a country because most of the users from the country are haters