Former president tells Glenn Beck he would have ‘no choice’ but to lock up opponents ‘because they’re doing it to us’

• @escapesamsara
    link
    310 months ago

DeSantis was a lawyer for Gitmo; Trump wanted to execute five innocent black men before he had any political ambitions; Vivek fully embraces the caste system that benefited his family in the past, and has pretty openly suggested he wants to use violence to implement it here. We know the people who are running for president are blood thirsty, they don’t hide that in any way. They chose to run on a conservative platform, violence is inherent to the ideology, and on top of that frequently advertise how well they would play the role of violence if elected.

• @theangryseal@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      310 months ago

Those 5 black men he wanted executed were between 14 and 16 years old.

He wanted to execute five black and Hispanic children. That’s what he wanted to do. Paid from his own pocket to advertise it too.

I’m not correcting you because I disagree, I just wanted to drive that point home.

Your comment is 100% on point aside from that little error.

• @aesthelete@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      210 months ago

I agree with all of this, but unfortunately none of it is framed this way in the media.

The mass media kinda has a “Jews for Hitler” vibe going about it right now, because a lot of Trump’s “political enemies” are journalists. They should stop pussyfooting around that fact and stop covering this as a horse race because if he wins he’s gonna run his horse right over them first with the rest of us not too far behind.