I finished Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. Loved the book. There was lots of science, but it was explained well enough that it wasn’t an issue. There were also certain things which may not feel very probable, but it’s a science fiction, so I didn’t care about that, but I can see some people having problem with that.

Started a manga, Jujutsu Kaisen, Volume 1. Just started it yesterday, after finishing Project Hail Mary, and have almost finished it. I have read a couple of small manga before, but it’s my first physical one, so enjoying that. Though, when I got it, I didn’t realise JJK is still an on-going series. Personally I prefer something that has finished. Ah well, already started it, so just going to read them slowly now.

Still reading The Bullet Journal Method by Ryder Carroll. The book has been a lot more helpful that I expected it to be. I never thought about the “why” part much, at least haven’t done so in a while. So, all the talk about mindfulness and chapters about living the intentional life are helpful.

What about you guys? What have you been reading?

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    210 months ago

Ah, I think you mentioned these books before, right? Though I think the Lord Dunsany book is a new addition.

How is Paved Paradise going? Is it interesting read for someone who doesn’t specifically care about city planning?

• Andjhostet
      link
      fedilink
      210 months ago

I have. Been stuck on them for about a month with not a ton of progress on books.

Paved Paradise would be fairly interesting to someone that knows nothing about city planning and such. It will definitely make you notice just how much useless space is around you for parking, and probably make you mad about it. It also goes into some be interesting history about how the mobs controlled parking in cities like New York and Chicago.

It definitely makes you look at things differently, which is always a good thing.

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        110 months ago

No worries, there have been months where I have been stuck on one book, without getting much time (or sometimes motivation) to read.

That’s interesting about Paved Paradise, I would add it to my list. Thanks!