I’ve never played D&D and I’m getting into BG3. I must be marathoning my characters cause I’m usually out of spells when I run into fights. My useful exploration spells also cost spell slots so I’m usually proceeding with cantrips for my adventures until I decide I really need to recharge.

How often is everyone else going through a long rest? I know there’s a trade off of consuming camp supplies and so maybe I’m just the guy who saves all the items for end game and never ends up using them.

• @CarterH739
    link
    English
    3110 months ago

I was doing the same thing initially. My natural instinct was to horde supplies because I’ll definitely need then later, and just barely make it through a few fights before finally resting. I was also avoiding expending spell slots on anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary, so I could last longer before needing to rest. Then I noticed I was having issues with my carrying capacity. What am I carrying around that’s so heavy? Ah, yes, the massive buffet I’m dragging around everywhere I go. That’s when I finally accepted that there is no food shortage in the area. The game is actually a lot more enjoyable now that I can just blast out all those spells. I also learned that you can just send all of that food to camp, and when you go to the campfire to rest it’ll just pull it out of the camp storage box. No need to drag any of it around with you.

• @Sparkega@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      910 months ago

The spells that require spell slots are definitely more fun and I will be resting more to have access to them.

Also you just revolutionized my thought process once you informed me I can store all my food at camp.

• @paddirn@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      710 months ago

Not just food, but really anything. There’s really not much reason to keep much of your inventory on you, apart from gear you’re carrying and essentials. Anything else, just send back to camp and you can go back and forth anytime you want. You basically have infinite inventory.