I finished Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. Loved the book. There was lots of science, but it was explained well enough that it wasn’t an issue. There were also certain things which may not feel very probable, but it’s a science fiction, so I didn’t care about that, but I can see some people having problem with that.

Started a manga, Jujutsu Kaisen, Volume 1. Just started it yesterday, after finishing Project Hail Mary, and have almost finished it. I have read a couple of small manga before, but it’s my first physical one, so enjoying that. Though, when I got it, I didn’t realise JJK is still an on-going series. Personally I prefer something that has finished. Ah well, already started it, so just going to read them slowly now.

Still reading The Bullet Journal Method by Ryder Carroll. The book has been a lot more helpful that I expected it to be. I never thought about the “why” part much, at least haven’t done so in a while. So, all the talk about mindfulness and chapters about living the intentional life are helpful.

What about you guys? What have you been reading?

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    210 months ago

I was going to binge-read JJK, but I only realised after getting the books that it’s not finished yet. 😀 So, now going to pace myself with reading 1 volume every month. I don’t want to read everything then wait for next volumes and forgetting everything again.

Thinking about starting Demon’s Slayer or Attack on Titan, since they are already finished.

What do you think of the Silo series overall? It’s on my wishlist, and may get it soon.

• @poppy@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      210 months ago

Recommend Demon Slayer over AOT but both are good choices! Sorry you got sneaky swept up into an unfinished series, that’s the worst.

I’m enjoying Silo!!! I actually saw the TV show first and wanted to explore the world more, and was surprised that the books are honestly quite different. The show more embraces the theme of the series as well as the characters but has a different overall method of storytelling. So I can enjoy both in different ways!

“Wool” was a bit rough at first but his style settled in as he got going. The world and writing is not overly complex, so even though the books are huge they’re not dense and I didn’t feel like I was slogging through any parts. If it’s sitting on your list tentatively because you’re worried about diving in to such a thick trilogy, I say don’t worry. They’re fast reads!

I’m excited to finish the trilogy but I’m going to take a moment now that I’ve finished “Shift” to get in a few small books first before I start up “Dust”.

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        210 months ago

Well, I plan to read both 😀 Only thing better than reading one manga, is to read two manga!

Thanks for the feedback. I actually didn’t even know that the books were thick. I don’t watch much TV, but someone recommended it, then later someone recommended the book, so was thinking about getting it.

Thanks again!