• @a_lemmy_user
    link
    410 months ago

One of the things that made it hardest for me was being teased and picked on by my family, while I wasn’t asking anything from them. I just didn’t want meat with dinner. It was nonstop anytime I showed my face, and if I spoke I was spoken over and ignored. It made me very antisocial, and I didn’t adhere to my values. Then almost twenty years later I did and I’ve gained a bunch of weight because I’m comfortable while I eat.

• Firestorm DruidOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I feel you. My SO and I have been vegan for around 3 years now and my family (mostly my older brother, tbh) keeps trying to get us to “cheat on veganism” for some super stupid reason. The worst has been when my brother said that he’s “constantly” making compromises for us in terms of food, so it’d only be fair if we did once. 🙄

They’re/he’s probably just too insecure to give it a proper shot and to admit that what they’re/he’s doing might be morally wrong.

• @a_lemmy_user
        link
        310 months ago

My in-laws are always doing that, too. They’ll even spend money on things knowing fully we wont consume them, only to pout. We have a bunch of decoritive imported goods, lol.