I see a habit of people downvoting every post from the Youtube auto-posting bot. This bot posts each video from select LTT Channels when they are released.

I’ve noticed a habit of people downvoting them all. I assume from the issues brought to light. I’m not sure that downvoting is productive, as it may not represent the actual quality of the content.

I’m not a fan of brigading but I’m also not a fan of posting content that no one wants to see.

Please, leave your comments on how you feel about the posting bot.

Thanks, Jason

• @Herbert_W
    link
    210 months ago

It’s auto-posted videos by Linus that are being downvoted, and the “by Linus” seems the more relevant factor than “auto-posted.” I’ll admit that I’m a little bit out of the loop, I am aware that there’s several major controversies surrounding Linus right now. Videos critical of Linus are being upvoted, sometimes dramatically.

This situation has the smell of a bog-standard internet controversy. Linus’ reputation might or might not recover when people forget about the whole thing. His media group might or might not end up distancing itself from him before that happens.

If there’s any action that I’d recommend taking in response to all of this, it’d be re-evaluate whether you want to say “they’re awesome” in the sidebar. Right now you might be unintentionally giving the impression that you (and by extension the moderators and by extension the community) are on Linus’ side. I assume that you’d rather support a neutral discussion space (but I could be wrong).

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      110 months ago

You are right. I’ve removed some of the fandom that was put there from the start.