Today I posted a picture of a stamp with an animal in it and they said the picture contained nudity and made me take it down, but I reported a photo of a guy with a fully visible swastika tattoo and they said that's fine.

I'd like to start a Lemmy community with photos of stuff that they refuse to remove called FacebookSaysItsFine.

• @ThePenitentOne
    link
    edit-2
    8 months ago

It’s not a conspiracy, and it is present across all social media platforms. There is selective enforcement of rules and moderation and now many companies push ‘engaging’ content, which basically means pressing out and promoting ‘safe’ content that is easily agreeable or controversial to increase user time so more ads are seen.

On Reddit, it is very similar. Somebody can say something insane, but it is ‘just an opinion’ meanwhile you call them an idiot, and you get banned by admins. If you even suggest anything ‘extreme’ you are also getting site banned. It just turns everything into a hive-mind which is dominated by liberals. The fact anyone thinks it is a ‘left-wing’ platform shows how dumb people are. It’s very clear that it is made to drive engagement and show ads to maximise income. These social media companies aren’t interested in free speech or fairness. It actively harms genuine engagement because most people just won’t even post or comment if they know it is risking a ban or downvote train where they get shit on. It’s no surprise the platform is now infested with bots and reposts.