• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    810 months ago

My toaster oven. By far it is the one small appliance that sees use nearly everyday for something.

Sometimes I’m reheating pizza, toasting a bagel, using it as a small oven when I don’t feel like waiting for my big oven to preheat. It’s so versatile I don’t know if I could live without it.

• @Albbi@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      410 months ago

You should check out air fryers then. They’re basically toaster ovens with a fan for blowing the hot air around. Amazing for making things nice and crispy!

• @foggy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      410 months ago

And to the dudes in their 20s who missed the George Foreman Grill marketing from the 90, go get a foreman grill. I made so many drunk burgers and hotdogs and sausages on that bad boy. Still have it somewhere. Paninis too!

• SuzyQ
        link
        fedilink
        310 months ago

If you can afford it, I highly recommend the ninja foodie grill. Easier to clean than a George Foreman grill and it’s an electric grill plus air fryer. We have the XL model so it is definitely bigger than the Foreman, but it gets used so much more. Huge plus, for me, is the built in meat thermometer probe. Choose the meat and the wellness, stick in the probe, and it’ll cook it to that temp for you. No more guessing for me!

(Take my suggestion/recommendation with a grain of salt because I am used to cooking for a crowd and don’t know how to make smaller amounts anymore.)

• @EssentialCoffee@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          310 months ago

I’m trying to figure out how it’s easier to clean than a Foreman. It looks like you just remove the grates and put them into the dishwasher like you would a Foreman.

• SuzyQ
            link
            fedilink
            210 months ago

Ah. My Foremans do not have removable grates. I was given mine, I have two, and they are both circa early 2000s. I did not realize they’d changed up the design to make it easier to clean