Direct Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecsVny3ebQ0

Announcements In order announced:

I liked the Direct, even though new announcement for first party were pretty much all remakes, but since Switch is my first Nintendo console, I loved all those announcements.

What do you all think about it?

• @Zoldyck
    link
    English
    610 months ago

Yearly NSO price is super super cheap.

• @Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      210 months ago

Weird mindset… you consider that it’s ok because it’s cheap? At what price is it not ok anymore?

It’s unacceptable to me that we have to pay for services that should be free and that we can’t own certain games because they’re locked behind a paywall.

• @Kelly@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        110 months ago

On the other hand your could consider it paying for Fzero and just ignore the rest of the network. If that works for you then the problem is solved.

On the other hand if you are worried that you will never “own” the battle Royale game: that was never going to happen, it will die when the serves go dark no matter how they monitize. You might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          10 months ago

The ownership part applies to all retro games that I can’t purchase because they’re only available to NSO members, it’s not about f-zero specifically.

• @Kelly@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            edit-2
            10 months ago

Oh, fair enough.

But as someone who has an NSO sub for other reasons trust me the emulation isn’t ideal. I use my lounge room PC for anything I’m going to put time into.

If I buy three game using NSO vouchers the discount total is higher than a standard NSO subscription, that’s enough for me. I buy more than three games over the year so it saves me quiet a bit.

link
              fedilink
              English
              19 months ago

That’s totally besides the point and still rewards Nintendo for what I consider to be horrendous business practice towards their customers.