Still reading Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King. I am a little over 4/7th of the book (almost 400 pages out of 700 pages). The book wasn’t what I thought it was. It isn’t about the world after all the women fell asleep, it’s about when they stated to fall asleep, with some supernatural stuff mixed in, which I think is present in most of King’s books.

I am enjoying the book, and going to read more of his work. Maybe not right after this though.

What about you all? What are you guys reading?

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    19 months ago

i have heard mixed things about his Inheritance cycle, some people love it, and some people hate it. I personally liked the Eragon movie they made, which everyone seems to hate.

I would love to hear what you think about the book once you have finished it.

• @ThtCrzyBstrd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      29 months ago

The movie is… fine, if you haven’t read the book. I saw the movie first myself but had a change of heart about it after reading the book. The series has more of a cult following kind of feel compared to say, Harry Potter, but I’d say it’s worth a read.

As for To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, as it stands, I’d recommend it, despite my 18-ish hours still to listen to. It’s entertaining for what it is, even if it doesn’t seem to be breaking new ground for the genre. I’m no expert in summary or buzzword-salad tossing, nor clever enough to pick up all of the nuance on my first read, but I know what I like, and this book, I like.

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        19 months ago

Thanks for the recommendations!