Clank! was one of my first real games that I played heavily, and now we have all expansions, we did the whole legacy campaign for Acquisitions Incorporated, and I got the asymmetric player expansion. Skipped Clank in Space but went for Catacombs and we really enjoy the exploring, but I don’t feel like there’s as much loot to scoop. One of my favorite things about OG Clank is how many tokens there are to slurp up and it’s fun having a big hoard of loot near the end. I do think I like Catacombs more because of the variable dungeon you create while playing but I’m not sure if it fully unseats the original. Any other Clank players out there who have thoughts on which they like best?

• Buu
    link
    English
    edit-2
    9 months ago

No comment on catacombs because this is my first time ever hearimg about Clank! This seems 100% like a game I’d play. Thanks for spreading the word.

Do you think I should get Clank original or catacombs? I will say the idea of the dungeon being different everytime you play sounds very interesting.

• @thorbot@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      39 months ago

Oh cool, glad I could spread the word, they are all really great games. I definitely would recommend Clank Catacombs to start if you like exploring and variable dungeons. There are plenty of opportunities to build routes that are convenient or very challenging, so lots of player agency! And the goal is to delve deep into the catacombs then make your way back to the start, so navigating your way back can be quite a harrowing tasks depending on your options.