• @ThePenitentOne
    link
    -49 months ago

Forcing people to do something is easier than making them change wilfully. But people still should have the moral integrity to make the right choice regardless. Plus, people are so propagandised and indoctrinated by the industry from politicians and other bullshit that it would be an incredibly hard battle to fight.

• Ataraxia
      link
      fedilink
      69 months ago

Change zoning laws so I can raise my own in my backyard other than just chickens. I have no problem raising and slaughtering my food. No need for factory farms.

• @LemmysMum@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        9 months ago

How about we all raise our own cattle.

Since we can't modify suburbia to accommodate that many cattle let alone the additional waste, how about we make specially designated places where we can send all our cows to live.

And since everyone travelling back and forth to look after their cattle would be highly impractical how about we designate a handful of individuals to care for all of the cattle so everyone else can worry about their other jobs.

And since it's difficult for a single family to store and consume a whole cow, how about we designate a group of people to slaughter and process them into more manageable pieces.

And since everyone going to one place to get their meat and somewhere else to get the rest of their produce, how about we just sell them in one place together.

It's almost like we know how this works out and should just improve the regulations around caring for our food while it's alive.