Finished Chloe Marr by A. A. Milne. I liked the book, but it's very much product of it's time, the way men and women act. Also, if you can get the literary and pop-culture (of that time) references, you'll enjoy it a lot more. As it is, even though I enjoyed reading it, when I wasn't reading it, I didn't feel too much like picking it up.

Read Jujitsu Kaisen Vol. 3. Continuing my 1 volume per month for JJK. Same as The Dresden Files. Don't want to finish all the published work and wait for new ones. So, once a month will keep me supplied for quite a while.

Read Meet the Maliks - Twin Detectives: The Cookie Culprit by Zanib Mian. Got it for my kid, felt a little bit like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but more about muslim family and kids. Read it to see how it is, and I enjoyed it. It's first in the series though, the author has also written Planet Omar series, may try those for kid next.

Starting Death Masks by Jim Butcher.

What about all of you? What have all of you been reading and listening?

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    39 months ago

Just looked up Thieves' World series, it looks really interesting. Adding it to my wishlist!

• @seaQueue@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      9 months ago

It's really good. I'd read a bit of it in the 90s but never the entire series. Check out the list of contributing authors, it's a top notch collection of great writers from the 70s and 80s.

What really surprised me was how modern the series felt, it could have easily been written within the last 10y. Anyway, great series and worth a read. Pick up book 1 and you'll know within the first couple of stories if it's for you. I was hooked on the first chapter after the introduction, Sentences of Death was a great start.

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        19 months ago

Yeah, going to pickup first 2, and see if I like it enough to read the rest. Thanks for the recommendation!