Finished Chloe Marr by A. A. Milne. I liked the book, but it's very much product of it's time, the way men and women act. Also, if you can get the literary and pop-culture (of that time) references, you'll enjoy it a lot more. As it is, even though I enjoyed reading it, when I wasn't reading it, I didn't feel too much like picking it up.

Read Jujitsu Kaisen Vol. 3. Continuing my 1 volume per month for JJK. Same as The Dresden Files. Don't want to finish all the published work and wait for new ones. So, once a month will keep me supplied for quite a while.

Read Meet the Maliks - Twin Detectives: The Cookie Culprit by Zanib Mian. Got it for my kid, felt a little bit like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but more about muslim family and kids. Read it to see how it is, and I enjoyed it. It's first in the series though, the author has also written Planet Omar series, may try those for kid next.

Starting Death Masks by Jim Butcher.

What about all of you? What have all of you been reading and listening?

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    29 months ago

This is my 3rd week mentioning Chloe Marr, so nothing wrong with mentioning same books again. Also, it gives me the chance to ask you again what you think of The Myth of Normal? You skipped that question last time 😀

• @TootSweet@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      29 months ago

Oh dang!

I've read Gabor Mate's "In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts" previously. So this isn't the first of his books I've read.

The Myth of Normal is pretty scientific and factual so far. I'm guessing later in the book he starts turning toward how to improve things. But so far it's about what trauma is and what it does to us.

I definitely think it's worth a read so far. I probably wouldn't have thought to start this one if I hadn't run across YouTube videos of interviews with Gabor Mate talking about this book and trauma in general. But I connected a lot with those interviews and I'm glad I did.

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        19 months ago

Thanks for the info, will check it out.