How do I trick my brain into completing a project? I’m making an app that shows which voice actor plays a character in the movie and what other movies they act in. It’s useful for me personally so the internal motivation is here but sometimes I feel like I’m making something that’s been done numerous times over and I lost the momentum because I’m on vacation with my family now.

I ran into some problems with the project too and getting help takes a ton of time so it’s disrupting the rythm too. I wish I didn’t have to rely on other people so much but the documentations don’t answer all of my questions. I really have to put at least 2-3 projects like this for a portfolio;_; halp

• @KrzakOP
    link
    edit-2
    8 months ago

Thanks! Through these 4 months I haven’t found out anything, I got a temporary job as well so I haven’t had much of free time either.

One thing I saw is splitting the task even smaller than the usual. Things like"I’ll just open the document/ write one line and see how I feel" which might work sometimes.

I was concerned about doing the thing that’s already been done by other people but it dawned on me that when I cook (I love cooking), I’m doing the same thing. Using a recipe shared by hundreds of people, yet it’s still fun and has a personal touch. That one was really helpful.

It’s my las month at the job so I’ll be able to get back to coding soon and test the findings.