So, Comixology app is retiring on December 4. What do you guys think about it?

• @dresdenOP
    link
    English
    18 months ago

Maybe some site that allows you to download DRM free copies of your comics, so that you can read them in any reader, even if the service goes down or get bought.

• @ArcaneSlime@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      38 months ago

That’s what I do, I pirate digital versions of the physical books I buy (because I like physical copies more) and convert the .cbr’s to .cbz’s for use with any comics reader for on the go, in my case: Librera FD.

• @dresdenOP
        link
        English
        27 months ago

I was mainly thinking of some site that lets you buy the DRM free versions, but I guess that is one way to go too.

• @ArcaneSlime@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          47 months ago

I find that typically (due to drm) buying digital things tends to suck donkey balls these days and it becomes easier in terms of ux and even sometimes procurement to just pirate it.

To be fair I never bothered to try buying digital with comics because I’ve been fed up with movies, tv, games, etc, and I’m in it for the paper (printed) anyway so I’m not buying it twice, and the other half of the stuff I’m into is old and collectors want 10k for it, so unless they reissue The Flaming Carrot (which I’d get) then fuck 'em!