Like, I travel around for work and I’ve met plenty of people from all backgrounds.

Why is there a demographic of people who don’t seemingly bathe regularly, or at the very least wear something to cover up their BO? I could understand if it’s an allergy, or even religious reasons (though the people I’ve met that smell bad are usually you’re average American young adult man) but recently (like in the past week, recently) I’ve met a concerning number of people who don’t seem to wear any kind of deodorant or possibly don’t even bathe regularly; it’s starting to become an issue for me, as I don’t even want to interact with them when I can smell them walking up from 3+ feet away yet I need to for work.

Does anyone have any possible insight?

• @OmgItBurns
    link
    English
    26 months ago

I know I will let myself go when I’m in the midst of being deeply depressed, but then again I usually don’t get much past my bed then. So that could be some of it.

I used to have a buddy that stank to high heaven, good dude overall, but damn did he smell. Turned out that he never washed his clothes. Once he got in the habit of doing that the problem resolved itself quickly.

The only other thing I can think of would be some Andrew Tate types going on about some made up benefits of 'natural male musk ’ or something like that. Not sure if anyone is doing that, but I could see some men taking to that advice.

• Devi
      link
      fedilink
      46 months ago

I had a workmate who was quite eco consious and used to rinse his clothes in cold water and then put them on the line. He was fine mostly, I never noticed a smell, but we had to have a chat when his 14 year old son got a meeting at school about how badly he smelled.

Some people just don’t know the norm.