• @Rooskie91
    link
    edit-2
    7 months ago

Ah yes, 2,313 people, otherwise known as a representative sample 350 million.

Edit: I’m not respond to the morons who think someone’s FB status poll is representative of America.

• space_comrade [he/him]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      267 months ago

2000 can absolutely be a representative sample size. The bigger worry here is sampling bias rather than sample size.

• @Honytawk@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      157 months ago

You know there will be plenty of Americans who think their numbers are American and not Arabic.

• @lolcatnip@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      97 months ago

🙄

This fucking comment on every single poll result. Consider learning even the tiniest bit about how statistical sampling works.

• ferret
      link
      fedilink
      English
      47 months ago

I don’t think a more representative sample would improve the ratio, tbh

• R0cket_M00se
      link
      fedilink
      English
      37 months ago

I’ve been seeing this one for years, are we even sure it was ever a real thing and not just a meme about the “dihydrogen monoxide” science word scary type reactionary movement?

• @Rooskie91
        link
        27 months ago

It most definitely is. The fact isAmerica is either smart enough to run the largest empire ever, or the world is dumb enough to let them do it. Personally, I’d like to think the rest of the world is also smart.

• @Mr_Dr_Oink@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      37 months ago

I agree this isn’t representative. But i would argue there was no need for a poll to determine what percentage of americans would have said no.

It would likely be fifty-seven percent. Or LVII per centum