The nice thing I just learned about the Sette 30 ( which I just received as a Christmas gift) is that you can upgrade it to the micro-adjustment ring from the Sette 270/270wi model, and it’s a direct replacement. This allows adjusting the grind between the “steps” on the adjustment ring.

The part is $90 (plus tax/shipping), and it does make it nice to fine-tune your grind between steps. The adjustment ring is easily removed (just press up slightly, and spin it out). The burr assembly pops right out, and you just replace it in the new assembly (press it until it clicks), and reinstall. Easy peasy, with no tools required.

The Sette 30 also came with shims to raise the burr, as it can be reset after extended use. I haven’t installed the shim, since I don’t need it yet, but it’s nice to know that Baratza will sell parts to repair/replace over time.

Happy new year, my fellow caffeinated lemmings!

• @biffnixOP
    link
    English
    16 months ago

Very nice. Did it come with those bellows, or was that aftermarket?

• @CCMan1701A@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      26 months ago

After market. I’m measuring beans before adding and wanted as close to zero retention as possible. I think it’s working. I noticed the grinds come out a little lumped together. This is fine for aeropress and French press, but may need to get something for when it is espresso time to smooth out the grinds.