• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    edit-2
    6 months ago

OMG reading through that comment chain - no not this one, the one on old-reddit.com - makes me remember what Reddit (outside of the tiny niche subs) is like, <shudder>. Leadership flows down-hill, and it is not just spez over there, it is his entire empire of hate, small-mindedness, and bigotry. Who on earth would see what Elon did to Twitter and think, “me 2!” (then overthrow the mods who loved the communities that they themselves built, replacing them with scabs who ban the humans and upvote the bots)?

Edit: for those who cannot bring themselves to go THERE, I brought it here for your amusement - you’re welcome:-P.

comic

• squiblet
      link
      fedilink
      256 months ago

A bit of a self aware wolves moment as Scott Adams frequently says ridiculous, smug, inflammatory and poorly researched things on the internet.

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        46 months ago

Maybe it’s a how-to manual in order to get better at it? :-P

• @sigmaklimgrindset@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      66 months ago

Yeah, reading the comments on the linked thread made me curious as to how the other subs I used to visit were doing, and it was so…angry, like everywhere.

Honestly…has Reddit’s vibes always been so negative? Maybe I’m recognizing it for what it is now that I’m not as entrenched in it, but damn I left that site feeling irritated as hell. Lemmy isn’t perfect, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t feel as angry scrolling through here.

(The Gundam sub seems to be doing ok tho, godspeed to them)

• @OpenStars
        link
        English
        36 months ago

They weren’t always as bad as they are now - Huffman has done a lot to make them more so, especially after the protests. e.g. there were hateful trolls who got banned by a moderator who cared about their community, and Huffman removed the former mods (b/c of protesting) and put those trolls in their place. You can imagine what came next.