• @OpenStars
    link
    English
    376 months ago

It seems that the importance of…ahem, “telling it like it is” cannot be overstated. i.e., racism is an extremely powerful effect.

• @Passerby6497@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      446 months ago

“telling it like it is” is just coded language to say “he says the shitty things that I think are true, so it makes me feel less shitty and empty inside”

• Nougat
        link
        fedilink
        276 months ago

“He’s making it so that I can say the shitty things I have always just thought.”

• @porcariasagrada@slrpnk.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        76 months ago

it is pretty powerful having your beliefs be broadcasted and repeated ad nauseum by a figure you consider of authority. like discovering the idea you thought you had originally being already out there said by someone you hold in respect. for trump followers him just being the nominee of their party of blind choice is already worthy of praise and admiration.

trump just loves their endless money pit, and will say just about anything to get it. they love that they have a former president with attention from the media to propagate their delusions.

• @Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        36 months ago

“Instead of taking the time to reflect on why people call me an idiot I’ll try to get someone like me in power!”