Holidays are over! Happy New Year!

I didn’t get much to read over the holidays, but I finished The Black Company by Glen Cook. The story was interesting but the way it is written made it hard for me to read. Still, going to continue with the trilogy and see if second book is any better in that regard.

Currently reading Dead Beat by Jim Butcher. Loving the book. The series just keeps getting better and better.

What about you? What have you been reading or listening?

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    26 months ago

I just started New Spring by Robert Jordan, the Wheel of Time prequel. I’ve only read the first book of the main series so far and am a bit apprehensive of my decision to dive into such a massive series.

If you have only read one book of the main series, I would recommend to wait and read the prequel after 5-6 books. I think that’s around the time when it was published too.

• @pancake@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      26 months ago

Yeah I was originally going to leave it for later but the next book wasn’t available at the library and someone told me I should have started at the prequel so I went for it. I’m almost done with it and I have to say it’s been a really enjoyable read! Hopefully I don’t regret it later on

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        26 months ago

Ah, no, nothing to regret, I just think you may have enjoyed it more, but I don’t really recall it much to be sure of that either. 😀